Friday, July 19, 2013

Starting up the blog again, by popular demand!

I didn't realize how many people read the blog until I went the entire 2012 summer with many people complaining about the lack of blogging.
I am still getting requests to start up the blog again, so here it is.  New and improved!  Do you like the new look?

Here's a little update on how things are different this year.
The last 4 summers I was living at Tower Ranger Station, (see Tower Junction above).  This year I am living in Mammoth, where the headquarters of the park are housed.  Why am I living in Mammoth you ask?  Well instead of working as a park ranger, I am working as a public safety and law enforcement dispatcher.  Basically, I am that voice on the 9-1-1 phone, the one who sends rangers to emergencies, and the one who gives information to law enforcement rangers when they do traffic stops.  
While it is a new, challenging, and interesting job that I would love to share with people, a lot of it I cannot talk about due to privacy and security issues.  So instead, I will talk about my life in Yellowstone and all of the shenanigans I do on my days off.

That's it for now. I will post some of the things that happened in the beginning of the summer already and work up my way to the present.


sandy shoes said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I love Yellowstone (that's my hiking boots on the shore of Lake Yellowstone, in my picture), and it's great to read what it's like to work and live there. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Myself in my uniform from a couple of years ago. I wear normal clothes to the office now.