Friday, July 19, 2013

Starting up the blog again, by popular demand!

I didn't realize how many people read the blog until I went the entire 2012 summer with many people complaining about the lack of blogging.
I am still getting requests to start up the blog again, so here it is.  New and improved!  Do you like the new look?

Here's a little update on how things are different this year.
The last 4 summers I was living at Tower Ranger Station, (see Tower Junction above).  This year I am living in Mammoth, where the headquarters of the park are housed.  Why am I living in Mammoth you ask?  Well instead of working as a park ranger, I am working as a public safety and law enforcement dispatcher.  Basically, I am that voice on the 9-1-1 phone, the one who sends rangers to emergencies, and the one who gives information to law enforcement rangers when they do traffic stops.  
While it is a new, challenging, and interesting job that I would love to share with people, a lot of it I cannot talk about due to privacy and security issues.  So instead, I will talk about my life in Yellowstone and all of the shenanigans I do on my days off.

That's it for now. I will post some of the things that happened in the beginning of the summer already and work up my way to the present.

1 comments:

sandy shoes said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I love Yellowstone (that's my hiking boots on the shore of Lake Yellowstone, in my picture), and it's great to read what it's like to work and live there. Thanks!

Post a Comment


Myself in my uniform from a couple of years ago. I wear normal clothes to the office now.